Why am I still having to explain to clients that Tutorful is an online agency?

It’s been 6 months since the announcement was made, but I still have to explain to basically every client–many of whom are hundreds of miles away–that Tutorful is matching them with online tutors and that I can’t travel the entire length of the country for their lessons.

Why is this being so poorly communicated to clients? It’s a significant administrative time-sink.

4 Likes

I went live for 24 hours and had to explain this to 5 different parents. They were totally unaware and very surprised. I am concerned about what this will do to our ratings.

2 Likes

It is immensely frustrating, and Tutorful have had more than enough time to take action into making the online change more obvious. It’s been pointed out time and again on this forum, and still we have no idea if there’s any plans to do anything about it.

Anyone who gets inappropriately messaged should report the issue to Tutorful with a list of the clients who sent them. This is the only way to make sure the booking score isn’t unfairly impacted. This is something many tutors are experiencing, and every time a tutor turns down a lesson booking - even if it’s impossible to book, it will have a detrimental effect on their booking score and consequently hinder the chances of getting new clients.

At the end of the day, this lack of clarity from Tutorful is having serious consequences for many tutors.

2 Likes

I came back online recently and have had enquiries about face-face, it frustrates me because when you use the report function it states something about the student being too far away and isn’t interested in online. I was under the impression that face-face was off the table regardless of the travel distance. That should be changed at least because I do not even get into a discussion as to where they live!

1 Like