Home Members About

Welcome to Tutorful's Community Forum

Our Community Forum is the perfect place for tutors, parents, students or anyone with an interest in tuition.

Ask questions, share advice and keep up to date with the latest Tutorful updates - all whilst having fun and connecting with new people.

What is your job situation?

Hi guys I am a personal assistant for a Spanish company who invests in renewables. I moved to London 5 years ago and I wanted to keep busy after work. I missed education and decided to pick up one student and enjoyed the lesson planning and it hasn’t stopped since!

I also got my brother who is a teacher into it as well as my sister who started to tutor full time. It’s been so fun to share the experience and bounce ideas off each other.

Finally having a community to discuss ideas with

5 Likes

I’m a retired teacher - supplementing my pension with what I do best - helping young people to learn.

9 Likes

I started tutoring when I was still at uni as a part-time money earner.

Now, it’s my main source of income, especially at the moment, as my other big source of income is performing, which is currently not happening. I plan to keep tutoring as much as I can in future - there are virtually no performers that I know who don’t teach as well as performing, so I’m glad I’ve made a start at it already. I’ll be going back to do postgraduate study at some point in the next couple of years, and depending on how busy that course is, I may need to dial back my tutoring a bit, but I do want to keep it going as much as possible.

5 Likes

Full time tutor! It’s my first proper job, I was fresh out of college when I started.

3 Likes

Hello!

First post here! So I used to be a full time teacher, but now I do mostly one to one tuition and I am also a counsellor, so it is great to be able to do both alongside each other as different forms of support.

Laura

6 Likes

I am a PhD student doing tutoring part time for some extra cash. Though I have been doing tutoring throughout all of my degrees and have a special love for it as I had a tutor when I was doing my GCSE maths.

4 Likes