What are you most looking forward to?

So, I don’t know about you, but I’m finding myself DREAMING of life post-pandemic… The spring flowers are popping up everywhere and I’m finding myself cautiously hopeful that ‘normality’ will be just around the corner… :sunflower: :sun_behind_small_cloud:

I’d love to know, what are you most looking forward to?

For me, it has to be:

1. Hugging people (well, not just anyone :laughing: friends and family!)
  2. Travelling (around the UK and abroad)

and…

1. Going out to eat, especially to the PUB! :laughing:

How about you?

9 Likes

I live an hour away from my family, so I absolutely can’t wait to give my little brothers (12 and 13) a huge hug, before they are too old for it!
I also really miss walks in the countryside. They kept me sane last summer, and not being able to travel for them has been a real struggle.
I also can’t wait to get to the coast. Proper fresh air!

4 Likes

I’m with you. My mum lives 5 hours away from me so I haven’t seen her for a year now.
I long to hug her and then go out to eat with one another.
I also miss seeing my best friends, going to the beach and going to the theatre.
I can’t wait for everything to be normal again but I’m sure I will be wary of large crowds for quite some time!

4 Likes

I miss swimming, surfing and paddle boarding! I’m lucky enough to live near the sea, so roll on summer.

I do also live hours away from family so I am very much looking forward to seeing everyone in person:)

4 Likes

I’ve been dreaming of travelling abroad since last year on my birthday so when that happens I will be ready to celebrate a very belated birthday celebration from November 2020 I think with the actual precautions, in this case, lol

4 Likes

I think what im most looking forward to is just really simple things, like going to the shop without having to decide how ‘essential’ my shopping is… Just going to buy chocolate without the stress.

And pubs, obviously :beer:

6 Likes

I’m currently in a long distance relationship (he lives about 2 hours away) so I can’t wait to just be able to hug him and spend time with him again :pleading_face:

I also can’t wait to be able to go to the shops again without constant fear (I support the wearing of masks but I struggle to wear one so I don’t go to shops anymore).

I’m nervous for normality because I’m not sure if I feel ready for it yet BUT I am just so excited at the thoughts of being able to hug the people I love and care about and just be able to see them again and spend time with them :heart:

6 Likes

Going to the PUB (Can NOT WAIT)

4 Likes

So much! Seeing my family and friends, being able to HUG, going out for day trips, trips away! I think seeing old sights will feel amazing as you’ll see it through new eyes and appreciate things more. Very excited!

4 Likes

Ahh, so lovely to hear from you all - I definitely hear you about seeing friends and family. Many of my closest friends live in Scotland (I live in North West England) and I miss them so much :frowning_face: Skype is great but It’s not quite the same as actually being with someone is it?

I also feel pretty strange about things getting back to ‘normal’ - I’m supposed to be getting married in November (we’ve already postponed once) snd I’m so excited and so nervous - I can’t quite believe that it might actually happen this time … :laughing:

5 Likes

Whereabouts in the North West?

2 Likes

I’m also from the north west!!

2 Likes

@katywilson6 and @ns.tutoring - I’m near Chester, where are you guys?

2 Likes

I’m in Manchester! :relaxed:

2 Likes

I’m in Northumberland now, but grew up in the Lake District! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My home town :smiley:

1 Like

Gorgeous, love the Lakes :heart:

2 Likes

Ahhh really?? I do love Manchester!!

Yes indeed, although I’ve lived in quite a few places in the north west and Scotland. So glad to hear you are enjoying Manchester- it’s certainly seen a lot of regeneration in the past couple of decades :grinning:

1 Like