Home Members About

Welcome to Tutorful's Community Forum

Our Community Forum is the perfect place for tutors, parents, students or anyone with an interest in tuition.

Ask questions, share advice and keep up to date with the latest Tutorful updates - all whilst having fun and connecting with new people.

We're trialling something new - Tutorful Talks 💬

In recent weeks, we have been trialling something new - ‘Tutorful Talks’.

Some of our fabulous tutors have been hosting Tutorful Talks sessions over the past two weeks. With a target audience of students and parents, people have been able to get free tickets for our scheduled events. Each event has a different topic focus.

To attend one of our upcoming talks, you can find a link in the banner of our website which will show what talk is coming next and provide a link to get your free tickets. By attending the event live, you will be able to submit questions to the tutor running the event.

Our upcoming events include:

• How to make creative writing fun - this talk will be delivered by Katy, one of our fantastic tutors. This event takes place today (Tuesday 30th March) at 6pm - get your free tickets here.

• The life of the Plains Indians - one of our highly experienced and knowledgeable history tutors, Paul introduces you to the life of the native North American peoples - this event is currently being scheduled so more information on how to attend will follow, it will appear on our core site banner later this week!

So far, we have had two very successful talks, Postgraduate Study with Dr Rosie and Vaccines and Their Role in the Pandemic with Dr Dylan. If you missed these events, don’t worry, you can catch up on them here:

Thanks for reading and a big thank you to our tutors who have been involved so far! :sparkles:

6 Likes

That was fun! :slight_smile: I thoroughly enjoyed having that opportunity to talk!

3 Likes

Fabulous talk @katywilson6! For anyone who didn’t get a chance to attend Katy’s event live, you can find the recording on our Youtube channel here. :slight_smile:

Our next event will be on 11th April at 4pm where one of our fabulous history tutors, Paul, will introduce you to the life of the native North American peoples, including eyewitness voices from testimonies of the times!
You can find more information and get your free tickets here - The Plains Indians - Buffalos, Tribes, and Western Movies

1 Like

This is an amazing idea! And as a fellow historian, I cannot wait for Paul’s talk!

2 Likes

@MusketFifeandDrum, have you received your hoodie yet?

1 Like

Hi Katie - no I have yet to receive my hoodie! I did contact Luke about two weeks ago about this - he said that they are made to order and might be a few weeks. I think I have 2-3 weeks of being very busy with lessons then its going t go very quiet. If I have not received it by then I will chase it up. Did you get yours?
Paul Hallett

1 Like

Nope - been waiting 5 weeks today!

I had just put this down to me needing a XXL - obviously not!

1 Like

Hey @MusketFifeandDrum & @katywilson6,

I’m so sorry to hear you haven’t received your hoodies yet following your fabulous talks! I will see if I can get any tracking information on this for you tomorrow and get back to you. I know they can take quite a while as mentioned above as they are made to order.

I’ll get back to you soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Rachel.

I heard from Jess about 2 weeks ago and she said it was on its way! I’m just not being very patient, sorry!

2 Likes

Any news on hoodie, @Rachel_Tutorful?

1 Like

Hi Katy, so sorry for not getting back to you sooner!

I’ve looked into this and the hoody should have been with you by now. We are going to send a new one your way and for you too @MusketFifeandDrum. I’m so sorry you didn’t receive them, the order did go in so we’re not sure what’s happened exactly. Hopefully, you will receive one in the next few weeks. Thanks for chasing it up and making us aware. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Could you have a look into mine please too? It never arrived either.

2 Likes

Of course, so sorry to hear that you didn’t receive your hoody either @Dylan! We will send a new one your way too :slight_smile:

2 Likes