Welcome to the Tutorful Community Forum - thank you for joining us! Click here to get started

Hello! My name’s Matthew and I’m 26 from the North West of England…you know the places that are very good at spreading covid? Around there!

I’ve been tutoring since mid-2019 and have now tutored over 700 hours. At the time I was living off benefits unable to find a job, had just been rejected from a TA post at a school I’d been volunteering at and was seeing my PGCE disappear down the toilet with no reward for it. Tutorful has been a lifeline which I have dearly needed and a means, in conjunction with my ex-part time job (which I lost due to the pandemic), in which I can prove people wrong. I have grown to tutoring between 15 and 18 students a week and the goal for September is to be tutoring 25 students regularly every week.

I still haven’t worked out how everyone has uploaded a picture on here and I cannot believe so much news has escaped my attention but it’s nice to see and meet like-minded people :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Hi mahpara i have done master of philosophy in biotechnology master in zoolgy and teacher experience almost 5 years if some need any help in biology i m here

2 Likes

Good luck to you mate, where did you do your PGCE and in what sector, Primary or Secondary and if Secondary, which subject?

1 Like

Primary :slight_smile: feels like quite the time ago now though!

1 Like

Starting my journey on Tutorful

4 Likes

good luck and enjoy thec freedom you can have

1 Like

Hi, I was just catching up on various chats. I missed this thread somehow, maybe a bit late to introduce myself now : / or maybe it isn’t : ). I noticed you are working on a book, good luck with that, I got my first ever book ( Travel to Unravel ) self published but with a package deal that connected me with the a good printing company to print on demand.
Cheers
NIge

Hi, this is Richard (Chemistry and Maths)

Hello everyone:

I’m Molly and I am an English teacher. I have taught KS3 - A Level English language and literature and also English for Academic Purposes undergraduate courses.

I landed here by chance as I just posted on another part of the forum offering some free resources on my YouTube channel but then saw there was an “introduce yourself” thread so I thought maybe I should write on here.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Molly

You’re not going to plug your YT channel?! :laughing:

Is your channel tutoring related?

Hi, I’ve just joined as a new English tutor ( IB DP, A/AS, IGCSE, ESL). I’m currently in the wilds of Bulgaria, right on the Greek/ Turkish border. I would really appreciate any advice on the best ways to get started as a newbie: can I expect to find any students during the summer? Any tips about the starting price, or profile: what’s the best strategy to get up and running…? Great to make contact with any other English tutors out there.