Update to Free Video Chats!

Good afternoon all!

I’m excited to let you all know about improvements that we’ve made to our Free Video Chat system.

We know that free video chats are a great way to get to know a student or parent, and make sure that you’re going to be the right fit going forward. However, at the moment you’re unable to book chats at short notice, and we know in lots of situations, you may get an enquiry and are able to fit in a quick meeting.

With this in mind, we’ve removed the time limit for tutors to book in free video chats, so if you want, you can book one in for 5 minutes time!

It’s important to note that this change doesn’t apply for students requesting a free video chat, as we know you may not be able to take a chat at short notice in all cases, and as such the closest students will be able to request a free video chat will still be 4 hours time (depending on your preferences). However, if you’re happy to book one in at short notice, you can do so through your messages with the student!

To go hand in hand with this, we’ve also changed the system for students so if you have arranged a free video chat in less than 4 hours time, the chat will be automatically confirmed for the student. This means that if you’re quickly arranging one to take place in the next few hours, all you need to do is book it in - the student won’t need to do anything. If the chat is booked in more than 4 hours time, your student will still need to confirm the meeting, as is the case now, to make sure that they’re happy with the time and date.

We hope this will help both tutors and students to have more flexibility when arranging free chats, and if you do have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you.

Thanks,

Nikesh

10 Likes

Sounds great to me. Will put a note in the office.

Thank you :slight_smile:

This reminded me, as I will be putting my profile live again soon after quite a long time I wanted to check that a video chat that doesn’t lead to a lesson doesn’t affect the repeat client score as if the video chat was a lesson itself? This was probably fixed ages ago but thought I’d ask.

Thanks.

1 Like

I was wondering about that too