Tutors seeing results of pre-class set up

I was wondering if it would be possible to make it so tutors can see the results of the technical checks, and preferably if they were done properly (eg did the microphone bar actually move or did they click through). I have had several students who come in without camera/mic/etc but who insist it was fine at the checks.

1 Like

That would be useful. I have, only in recent weeks, seen (or rather not seen) more students come on with no camera. It seems strange that the number of those doing so has increased, even students who previously did use camera. If that’s what they want, then that is up to them of course, but it is better to see students, as not being able to do so means less communication and lower interaction. It also means reactions and cues as to engagement are lost. Plus it is somewhat impersonal talking to a black screen.

3 Likes

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for your feedback. This is something we are currently looking into at the moment in terms of tutors having the control to troubleshoot the lesson for the student.

I like the idea of the tutor being able to see the connectivity status so I will definitely take this to the time as we investigate.

Watch this space :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, yes I have had the same problems. Either no camera or no sound on their side. They always assume it’s a technical issue on my side, although they are sometimes trying to do the lesson on an iPad or without Google Chrome. They don’t always take advice well though.

1 Like