Tutorful's classroom now has a chat function! 💬

For those who have already switched to using our new classroom, you may be thrilled to hear that we have just released a chat feature. Tutors and students can now share messages with each other in the classroom. Thank you to everyone who previously shared feedback to say that this would be a really useful feature!

You can see where the chat feature sits and try it out in our classroom demo.

If you have any feedback about this feature, please hit the reply button below, I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Not using our classroom yet? Our new classroom will soon become the default for everyone. If you would like to opt-in to start using it earlier, just let me know below or send me a private message. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

That’s fantastic Rachel! Thank you!

I use the chat function all the time to send links to Google Forms or online quizzes so it’s great that I will still be able to do it in the new classroom :smiley:

2 Likes

Supposed to move over today. Excited but nervous as I hope it all runs smoothly!

2 Likes

That’s great @katywilson6! I’d love to hear how you get on :smiley:

This is great news! Can’t wait to try it out :slight_smile:

I would love if students would be able to share files in the chat too. Sometimes, for GCSE/Alevel classes, the students have their own questions and it would be a great way if they could add them directly in the classroom in some way

1 Like

That’s great to hear @Julia, I’d love to hear your thoughts once you’ve used the chat :smiley:

You and your student can exchange links with each other through the chat and your student can upload pdf documents into the classroom, the same way that you can as a tutor. :sparkles:Does this help?

The following FAQs may be useful if you or your student need extra support using these functions and as always the team will be happy to support, too. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like