Testing the platform message

I received a very interesting message from someone earlier

"We’ve been asked to review Tutorful and test the platform and asked to do a session.

I’m aware a 1 off session might not be ideal so don’t want to be wasting anyones time. Is their something you can do for 1 session on reading/phonics or similar possibly?"

Has anyone else received anything along these lines and, if so, how did you deal with it? I rejected the lesson because I’m worried about the potential loss to my repeat client score but I’m wondering now whether I was too hasty and whether these type of messages have actually led to longer term bookings?

sounds a little strange… I would report them to tutorful and see if they can figure out what’s going on. It could be someone trying to recruit you!

1 Like

Hi @Basmati64,

As @Julia mentioned, please do use the ‘Report a student’ button in the message between you and this student and we can look into it for you.

Thanks, Abbie

2 Likes

Very strange - for me free video chat is primarily all about testing the platform.
Which can be tested in 15 minutes - or less ! Why book a whole hour?

The chat could be easily lined up with any tutor offering the free video chat.

Sounds to me like a secretary working on behalf of the boss’s kids

1 Like

Thanks! I have reported it :slight_smile:

They also signed their message with a kiss which I found slightly odd. I don’t mind a little overt friendliness with people I know quite well but not in message number one

1 Like