Home Members About

Welcome to Tutorful's Community Forum

Our Community Forum is the perfect place for tutors, parents, students or anyone with an interest in tuition.

Ask questions, share advice and keep up to date with the latest Tutorful updates - all whilst having fun and connecting with new people.

Shared resources French

Hello French tutors,
I think it would be a good idea if we could share resources. I think we need an “attach file” button. Not sure if there is one yet.

3 Likes

Great job starting a new topic @Fabiankasper :slightly_smiling_face:

You can attach files by clicking the upload button as highlighted here: Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 12.53.33

This will allow you to select a file from your computer to upload. If you have any problems or a certain type of file won’t upload, please just let me know and I’ll look into that for you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

tour du monde.pdf (2.2 MB) Here is an activity based on the BBC show “Race Across The World” I designed during the first lockdown for discussion with my students.
The idea is to imagine a trip using verbs in the conditional based on a few questions. I used it like this. I tell them where my first stop would be. Somethings like "For my first stage, I would go to… I would travel by … . There I would visit… because . I would stay there for … days. And I draw a line on the map of where I am.
Then they tell me something similar. I also draw on the map.
For each stage, we have a little discussion where we say why we would go there, if we have been before, anything really. The idea is to have a chat.
It works with all levels. It can remain simple for students who cannot say much but it is good for repetition and reinforcement of the conditional verb form.
With more able students you can have a really nice conversation about the topic of travel and holidays.
Try it if you feel like it.

3 Likes

Questions about the presentation.pdf (61.3 KB)
appartements a Paris.ppt (2.5 MB)

This is a resource I created about Paris. There is a powerpoint presentation which talks about living in Paris. It is quite simple and would suit KS3 students (Y7/Y8). There is a file with various questions to keep the students engaged with the presentation. The questions are about culture, vocabulary or grammar. The resource was designed for a girls’ school so slides 7 and 8 need to be modified slightly to suit a boy.

2 Likes

I’m just signing up to this.I will be trying to teach French!