New feature on the Classroom: Grid background!

Good morning and happy Thursday!

I’m thrilled to announce that after receiving quite a bit of feedback on providing different backgrounds, we’ve kicked this off with introducing an 8x8 grid!

We have also added a “snap to grid” feature where if you hold down the Shift button as you drag your shapes onto the grid, it will snap the shape onto the lines provided, avoiding any frustration on lining up your shape to the grid.

You can practice this new feature before your lessons on our new pre-populated demo classroom.

We are not stopping there! This is only the first version of this project and we are looking to provide more grid options (dot grids, 16x16 graph backgrounds, etc) and background colours in the near future.

Thank you to those who I have already spoken to, we aim to make the experience of the Classroom as smooth and productive as possible and we appreciate your input on this. Let us know your thoughts on our grids and stay tuned for more exciting features in the Tutorful Classroom!

All the best and Happy Holidays :christmas_tree:,
Sam.

6 Likes

Hello and happy Friday!

We’re pleased to announce that after the feedback we have received on this new addition, we have now upgraded the grid option so tutors will now have a bigger variety to choose from when using the Classroom to suit their needs in creating the best lesson for students.

Just a reminder, to “snap to grid” you need to hold down the Shift and Space buttons as you drag your shapes onto the grid, this will snap the shape onto the lines provided, avoiding any frustration on lining up your shape to the grid.

You can give this a go before your next lesson in our demo Classroom. Let us know your thoughts and enjoy your weekend when it comes around!

Best wishes,
Sam.

1 Like

Brilliant! Thanks so much for listening to both my and others’ feedback. This will be so helpful going forward.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and helping us understand why this would be helpful for you.

We hope you enjoy!

I was playing around with it before my last lesson started and it looks so great! I love how you can fit shapes to fit the grid too.

1 Like