New calendar looks good!

I haven’t had much chance to play with it, and usually I’m very weird about change, but actually, first impressions of the new calendar look very pleasing! It’s been an issue for me for a long time so actually I’m very impressed that Tutorful have sorted it out. Maybe a few teething problems, but first glance looks so much better!

Thank you! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Already I do see a minor problem though - can you book availability chunks on a day-to-day basis without going through the recurring availability? Because recurring availability that’s what I was trying to avoid, especially over summer when everyone’s schedules (well, mine at least!) are hugely up in the air with no set times at the moment.

1 Like

I’m struggling to remember a better update that Tutorful have done. Honestly it looks so much more professionally done now but even looking past the aesthetics, functionally it’s going to work a lot better in us communicating with parents as to what we can and can’t do.

5 Likes

Hey everyone! Happy Friday!

I am so pleased that you like the new feature, we worked hard on getting it out, so it’s nice to see that it’s been received well!

We absolutely hear you on the “one-off” availability, keep your eyes peeled in the near future. :slight_smile: We’re working on it!

Thank you again for putting this here, the team has seen it and are so happy you like it! :slight_smile:

Have a lovely weekend, and please keep in touch about anything we can do to make the feature better! :smiley:

Natalie, Tutorful Product Manager

1 Like

It does look a lot better, but the one off thing is really important and was the main issue. We still cannot communicate easily to a student about our bespoke (not recurring) availability without them getting in contact which can waste both of our time. If we could click on a box in the calendar and mark it as ‘unavailable’ that would be extremely useful. Thank you

3 Likes

Also, it might be too hard to achieve but if we could set our recurring availability for a set time period (for me, term time) that would be very valuable. Currently, my recurring availability reflects term time only so it’s hard that I can’t communicate through the calendar that I am more available during the summer holidays

1 Like

Hey Katie,

This is super useful feedback, I’ll be adding this to our backlog as something to look into in the future. Thank you so much for taking the time to feed back to us, it’s so valuable! :slight_smile:

Natalie

I hate it! It’s really slowed my work down and confused me no end! I’ve asked first r it to be put back the way it was😢

Hi Kitty!

I’m really sorry to hear that you don’t like it. Could you give me a bit more detail on why it slowed you down and confused you? I want to make sure I understand so if there are things we need to fix, we can get on top of it! Thank you for sharing!

Natalie

Hi Natalie

I was really confused and I think I was talking about the lesson schedule thing because then I looked on the dashboard and there was a new calendar thing. I won’t be using it.

The lesson schedule thing I preferred the old layout with three tabs rather then having to search. It was clearer to my mind.

The new calendar I can’t use because I have multiple income streams effecting my weekly schedule and can’t put all those appointments in it.

Does it also mean you are entering data twice , on the availability and now the calendar? I haven’t checked this.

Hi Kitty!

No problem, thank you so much for clarifying!

With the new calendar, I completely understand about multiple income streams and it being outside of Tutorful. We’re working on adding in a new feature that allows you to add in “one-off availability”, so if you do have outside appointments that you want to add to your calendar, you are able to.

For availability and the calendar, you are not entering the data twice, if you update your availability tab, the data is pulled over to the calendar automatically.

Hopefully that helps, I really appreciate you reaching out, hopefully this is helpful! If you’d like to discuss more, I’m more than happy to have a chat! My email is natalie@tutorful.co.uk, if you want to have a chat! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Natalie