Home Members About

Welcome to Tutorful's Community Forum

Our Community Forum is the perfect place for tutors, parents, students or anyone with an interest in tuition.

Ask questions, share advice and keep up to date with the latest Tutorful updates - all whilst having fun and connecting with new people.

Just a suggestion

Hi everyone, it’s your friendly neighbourhood Katy here! :slight_smile: There’s a lot of negativity around at the moment, a lot justified (I do feel annoyed that a lot of concerns aren’t being answered, but there’s only so much the admins on here can do). I know a lot of people are frustrated that they are newly established and cannot get clients. Can I raise a suggestion that might be suitable for everyone?

I was thinking, everyone who is active on here and needs a little bit of self-promotion, goes into a ballot, and every week, Tutorful randomly selects a person’s profile and advertises it on their social media account for a whole week, that way people are more likely to get their name about and it helps relations between Tutorful and the tutors on here!
Possibly could do it for more than one subject - so one for English, one for Science etc.

Just thinking of ways to help those that need it, to raise their scores or help promote business!

What do you guys think? Is it feasible or am I talking rubbish?

4 Likes

I like the idea. I know tutorful have said that they are working on how to showcase profiles other than only in the search rankings so hopefully they figure out something effective.

1 Like

I like the idea for each subject area.

Since the pandemic started I havent had a single lesson booked.
So been about 18 months without a lesson.
Not good for keeping my hand in !
I can only guess students are using other people online now from which there will be a big choice.

Sorry to hear that, @nigelwright7557 - do you know what you can do differently?

I got on ok before the pandemic.
I dont know how to do online lessons so that wont help.
Not sure what I will do now its only online lessons.

Online lessons do take a bit of time to get your head around, but I think they’re really fun! Can you practice on the online board?

I think this is a great idea, especially as there is greater competition for jobs now that everything is online.