Home Members About

Welcome to Tutorful's Community Forum

Our Community Forum is the perfect place for tutors, parents, students or anyone with an interest in tuition.

Ask questions, share advice and keep up to date with the latest Tutorful updates - all whilst having fun and connecting with new people.

JAGs entrance exam query

Hi
I’m tutoring a Year 1 child about to sit Jags entrance. It was the 7 plus but now they are doing it this month so it won’t be that level… I don’t really know about these private school entrance tests. Anyone an expert? Might even pass my student to you for intensive prep!
Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve done a few 11+ Plus papers but not 7+, but to be honest, they look very similar. What do you teach?

1 Like

I’m an ex-primary teacher so usually just support children who need a boost for school.
These tests have quite surprised me with how hard they are for little people!
The Mum has purchased some 6+ papers so I’ll hopefully be OK working through those.
She confused me today saying we needed to practice some problem solving questions? I am used to those for Maths but this was part of English…and these are not reading comprehension so not sure what she is getting at there!

I think she may mean the non verbal reasoning questions. I suggest bond books but there are others.

I tutor 11+ and CEM.