Home Members About

Welcome to Tutorful's Community Forum

Our Community Forum is the perfect place for tutors, parents, students or anyone with an interest in tuition.

Ask questions, share advice and keep up to date with the latest Tutorful updates - all whilst having fun and connecting with new people.

Is there something missing? ✨

Is there something that is not currently available with Tutorful that you would love to see us add to the site or the app? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

2 Likes

I think that it could be useful to have a folder where we can upload resources but they save in the folder- similar to how Google Drive works. I often reuse materials and it would save reuploading the same file every single time I need to use it. It would be easier to have everything in one place on the website so that I can quickly access everything that I need for a lesson. I’m not sure how practical this would be, though, so it may not be possible!

8 Likes

I’d like to be able to share files directly with students in the messages part of the website, instead of having to do it by email

7 Likes

Some great suggestions @EleanorDavis @Julia - thanks! I’ll be sure to pass these on to our Product team! :sparkles:

2 Likes

Yes there is an essentiel facility that used to be on the old platform which is missing on the new one. It is a chat. The other conference apps (zoom / skype) have this facility. It really should be present on the Tutorful platform in my opinion.

4 Likes

Yes- the old classroom :slight_smile:
Not sure why it got changed as it worked fine, and now the majority of useful functions removed. It’s really not an improvement.

2 Likes

I would love to be able to:
Archive students who’ve moved on/completed
Change the student’s name (from parent’s name to actual, just for my use or even just being able to have a subheading)
Great to be able to feedback :grin:

10 Likes

Yes I completely agree. After a while, the booking system becomes crowded with names of students whom you don’t teach or even never taught. There are too many names there. And when the parents have set up an account for their children you have to remember both names. It can become confusing. More flexibilty there would be very welcome.

10 Likes

Thanks for this feedback @Fabiankasper ! I’ll make sure that this is passed to our product team who are working on the classroom :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi @art82, sorry to hear that you were happier with the old classroom.

We decided to build our own classroom rather than continuing to work with a third-party provider as we’re committed to providing the best experience possible for our students and tutors. By building our own classroom, we’re able to not only build the features that our users really need but also have control of the classroom stability and quality.

It’s worth noting that we are continuing to add features to the new classroom regularly. I’d love to hear what features/functions you feel are missing so that I can pass your thoughts over to our Product team :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi @Kate,
Thank you for your feedback! :email:
Good to know that you think this would be really useful too @Fabiankasper!
I’ll will pass on your ideas to our Product team :blush:

1 Like

Thank you, Tutorful’s support (for me) has always been great and appreciated :grin:

2 Likes

That’s lovely to hear! Thanks so much :blush:

1 Like

Another thought for something to change is being able to delete messages as my inbox is flooded with messages from old students, people enquiring and I’ve had to turn down etc. And I find I struggle to find people I may have agreed to inform of new available slots or other things and it can get very frustrating.

6 Likes

Thanks @ns.tutoring I’ve passed this feedback on to our Product team along with Kate and Fabian’s feedback above. Really appreciate everyone taking the time to share their thoughts :sparkles:

1 Like

I agree with you @Fabiankasper ! What helps me remember both names is saving the parent’s phone number as for example: “John Joanna Maths” - this way I’ll know it’s John, Joanna’s dad and I teach Joanna Maths. It looks a bit weird but it works :smiley:

4 Likes

I’d like to be able to delete old students because my app is getting quite cluttered.
I don’t know how you would do this, but I would like to teach a class of 5 or more students. I could then charge a smaller rate per person, but have larger income because there would be more students. Sometimes, it can be difficult teaching one person, but when there is a class there is more atmosphere and they learn from each other. I think it would be difficult to arrange on the app though, it’s just a thought.

7 Likes

Oh yes definitely archive non-current students!

2 Likes

I appreciate that, but I am slightly baffled that Tutorful would change something that worked fine (Ok, there’s probably a money issue here, or something…I can’t imagine that tutors complained about it that much? sometimes connectivity was poor, but it hasn’t improved anyway).
Worse, it seems to have been done with no input or requirement from actual tutors themselves? appreciate that you are asking us now, but that’s after the event! The first times I used the new classroom I had failed audio and failed video- student couldn’t see me and that was with a new student- not great. At least the other one knows my Zoom, so we were able to continue the lesson. I used to recommend Tutorful classroom over Zoom, but now it is worse or no better than than Zoom.

I would recommend re-instating the following features:
ability to see student logging in and to be able to let into the classroom , waiting room
chat function. Especially when audio fails.
download and upload function for students for documents, or the ability to send them through messages rather than having to email.
better functionality for uploading documents - it doesn’t work all the time, or appears after several minutes
pointer tool
the video layout is annoying one on top of the other when you are on whiteboard mode
Sorry to be negative but I just think you have taken too much out of the old classroom for the moment.

2 Likes

On a personal note I haven’t yet been swopped to the new classroom despite asking to be a user before it went live. However after hearing it’s not as good in terms of message area, not sure I want to swop now. I have had some connection issues with it though, and have lost students because of the slowness to update the board when sharing.

Whatever it looks like improvement can be made and as long as it works…

2 Likes