Home Members About

Welcome to Tutorful's Community Forum

Our Community Forum is the perfect place for tutors, parents, students or anyone with an interest in tuition.

Ask questions, share advice and keep up to date with the latest Tutorful updates - all whilst having fun and connecting with new people.

Hi from Annie 🙂

Hello,

I’m Annie, I’m a student expert and I love matching our wonderful students with our great tutors! :grin:

Out of work, I love all things animal and walking up mountains. :mountain:

If I haven’t spoken to you already, I hope to speak with you soon!

9 Likes

Hi Annie, are you one of the people who guides students towards tutors? That sounds really interesting; would love to know more about how that works!

5 Likes

Yes @katywilson6 … .me too! :laughing:

1 Like

Hi Annie
Sounds interesting. My profile is offline at the moment but am starting to think beyond the summer and perhaps a return to some face to face teaching. I don’t like turning people down you see! Most demand is for immediate help and is sometimes not what I want to do.

1 Like

Hi Katy and @Rosie_A,

I hope you’re well. That’s not a problem at all, I would love to talk about how we help match students with tutors. We have many students that contact us for extra support whilst looking for a tutor, we will have a chat about there requirements. This is the usual stuff such as, subjects, level, price and availability and we also ask if they have special requirements so we can get a real clear view of the kind of tutor they are looking for. Once we have got all of this info, we will search the website for really great matches and pop them over some recommendations that they can choose from.

Do let me know if you have any further questions!

Have a lovely day🙂

3 Likes

Hey David,

I hope you’re well. There’s nothing wrong with thinking ahead and I totally understand that all tutors prefer different teaching methods. When you decide to set your profile live again, feel free to get in touch as we will be more than happy to support you with this and all the new features that we now have available.

Have a lovely day :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Brilliant, thanks for sharing! I think if I wasn’t a tutor I’d love to do your job!

1 Like

Thanks Annie - that’s so interesting! Nice to know what happens behind the scenes! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

No problem! I do love it, especially when I get to hear the great success stories from our students and parents about our tutor’s amazing work :blush:

That’s not a problem at all, happy to share what we’ve been up too :slightly_smiling_face:

Very helpful. I could be interested in your services given the present student scarcity.

Heyy, I’d love to get more students but even if my profile is live, it is not made visible to students because I don’t have a high enough repeat score/ bookings which is really frustrating because in a time like this it is only normal to get less students :slightly_frowning_face: So far all my students have been happy with me but have to pause learning because of various circumstances. What advice would you give?

Hi Richard,

agreed it is very competitive out there right now, if you haven’t already, make sure you’ve downloaded the app so you can check jobs on the move.

All profiles are considered, as long as they meet the student’s requirements.:slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear that your tutors scores have dropped due to the current situation, please do give our office a call, we’ve got a great team there who will be more than happy to look into this for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks

Hi Annie,

Sounds great, I’m already running a successful music tutoring business outside of Tutorful but am hoping to continue with the online side of things for when face to face tuition starts again in the coming months.

Interesting move by Tutorful to online only, this works for me personally.

Remind me what ap you are referring me to and please send me a link to it, RJS

Hi Annie.
I’ve been tutoring for just over a year. Due to the pandemic I’ve also been tutoring online for my school and really enjoy it.

1 Like

The Tutorful app, it’s a godsend! Download it from Google Play :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tried - but all I get is the following error message" Error: You haven’t accessed the Google Play Store app on your device with this email account." Also exactly what App is it.

The app is just called Tutorful. I use it to book, edit and cancel lessons but it also has the Jobs board.

To find the app try using this link and then select either iOS or Android.

Maybe it’s because your Google account and the email address you use for Tutorful are two different email addresses?