Home Members About

Welcome to Tutorful's Community Forum

Our Community Forum is the perfect place for tutors, parents, students or anyone with an interest in tuition.

Ask questions, share advice and keep up to date with the latest Tutorful updates - all whilst having fun and connecting with new people.

Gardening is great!

Hi everyone,
I wondered as I wandered ( oh yes ! ) around the garden, if there are any other gardening enthusiasts in the community, for those of you fortunate enough to have a garden. The great thing about home based working is the flexibility so if needs be I sometimes check out of the office for half an hour and go into the garden and then return fully fit, refreshed and raring to go !

7 Likes

I’ve only just gotten into gardening this year as a result of working from home! I’ve never grown anything before, but I’m now the proud owner of a rapidly expanding vegetable patch - it definitely provides a bit of a nice break from staring at a screen all day. :smile:

Here’s a photo of my first ever homegrown strawberry:

(it got eaten very shortly after this picture was taken)

Thanks so much for sharing! :star:

3 Likes

Eve that is tremendous ! As far as I know , strawberries are quite difficult to grow. You’ve done very well there.

Cheers😀
Nige

1 Like

Love it, it’s my passion and I have way too many house plants lol I love growing from seed, trying out different plants; succulents, cacti, airplants, anything really. I do get a sense of fulfilment from pruning, splitting and tending to my seedlings. Tomatoes are easy to grow but so satisfying even though I do not have enough room for a vegetable patch! Oh and I have 5 baby Acers that I have been nursing for a couple of years and have to resist buying more :rofl:

1 Like

Hi Kayleigh, I’ve been growing all sorts of veg in posts, including the new one-runner beans ! Photo attached.

1 Like

Better photo ! Shiny things keep the birds away so I’m told : )
Nige

1 Like

Hopefully it works, I reckon it should as the runner bean roots don’t go down too far.
Grown in pots as there’s not much space to grow veg.
Cheers
Nige

1 Like

Absolutely I have always loved gardening and now i live in a 1750thatched cottage i want to create the ultimate cottaer garden.

1 Like