Free video no shows

Is there a procedure to follow when a student doesnt show for a free video char. I know its obviously free but i wondered if tutorful stopped students doing this continually for multiple tutors.

I wouldn’t want the student to be able to keep.doing this and wasting everyones time.

Also I thought there was a way to get this type of enquiry removed, so it doesnt affect our profile scoring.

But i cant see a way of doing that

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your post about students not turning up for a free video chat.

First of all, I’m sorry you’ve had this issue with any of your students. While we don’t have a set procedure for absence in regard to free video chats as we would for a paid lesson, if this occurs I would advise you just to message the student to check everything is ok, and whether they’d like to rearrange for another time.

With regards to time wasting and stopping students doing this continuously, a student can only book in one free video chat per tutor to avoid them wasting your time. However, if you have a chat with them and are happy to rearrange, you can cancel the old chat they missed from your completed lessons and rebook it.

If you are concerned about the student’s enquiry affecting your booking score, I would encourage you to get in touch with us via support@tutorful.co.uk or 0114 383 0989 and we will be able to remove the student from your score.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

If you have any further questions about this subject please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team, who will be more than happy to assist.

Kind regards,

Juliet

Thanks for the reply.
I tried all those things.
You might see that he 2 things ive highlighted above mean that i cant book that student for another free video chat.

But someone else can… surely that seems a little unfair.

Hence my comment about wasting tutors time.
The same student could do this multiple times. Theres no penalty for not turning up ? Except for the tutor offering the service.

Since my original post approx 3 days ago i have booked the student for a full lesson.

But the point remains…especially in the light of your comments.

Thanks

David

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me on this, and I hope this answer will help:

With regard to rearranging a free video chat in those situations, if you get in touch with our support team we can cancel the old chat for you and get a new one booked in.

In terms of time-wasting, given that there is no charge for the chat, there is an inherent risk that the student may not show up and it being wasted time, which is why we’ve limited it to 15 minutes. We’ve found since introducing them that they’ve generally been attended well, rather than students constantly missing them. We haven’t had many reports of students consistently not turning up for chats, however, if you do experience this please do let us know and we’ll be happy to see if we can resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,
Juliet