Classes Enquiries

Hi all,

In the past, I have submitted proposals for classes but never seem to receive a reply! I’ve even specified them very similarly to those that tutorful has a list of that they’d like people to do, as they intersect with my own specialities quite well. Is anyone else experiencing this? Are they just in really high demand?

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for your message and I’m really sorry you’ve experienced this. We have received two proposals from you; one in November, for which we invited you to a meeting with a member of the classes team, in December. We also sent you a text message reminding you to check your junk/spam folder as it sometimes ends up there. We received your recent proposal on the 9th June. I apologise for the delay in our response, which I understand can be frustrating. The delay is due to the high volume of proposals we have received. I have sent you a new invitation to a proposal meeting on zoom to the email address provided on your application. Please could you check whether you have received it and if you’re unable to find it please let me know. You can also contact Classes Support at any time using the email address classes@tutorful.co.uk.

We hope to see you soon!

Kind regards Juliet