Cancelled first lessons

I am feeling a little dejected after a new client cancelled their first lesson after lots of positive messages.
Is this part of the current climate where clients cancel 24 hours before? They ignored my follow up text.
Fortunately I hadn’t started planning but I imagine other tutors would have spent time and that’s now wasted

3 Likes

Happens to me regularly, no explanation even after follow-up texts or e mails. I don’t want to say that you have to get used to it, but it happens to us all I imagine. I do spend less time on prep now as a result, and generally just prepare an initial assessment and conversation about future lessons!

5 Likes

Sad to hear i am not alone
It will be a long way off before we ask for deposits from clients when they confirm first lessons

Yes unfortunately this happens to me too. I also don’t spend as much time planning as a result now.

Hi, yes this has happened to me a couple of times recently, with no explanation or response to messages. It does make you feel frustrated. People can be quite rude when they don’t have to see you face to face.

1 Like

I ve had this a lot recently and it has massively effected my booking score which Tutorful has not helped me with so is still really low.

Taking a deposit won’t help as a few times I have charged it through when they have not turned up and they have not messaged me back to ask why. I think some people have more money than sense.

When in first started on here I was at the top of the ratings for about 2 years and 4 years later I’m way down the list because of my repeat client score. I am having to take extra work in the week again now as I have room for about another 7 students but just don’t get any takers any more.