Home Members About

Welcome to Tutorful's Community Forum

Our Community Forum is the perfect place for tutors, parents, students or anyone with an interest in tuition.

Ask questions, share advice and keep up to date with the latest Tutorful updates - all whilst having fun and connecting with new people.

Bugs in the Classroom?

Hi all,

I am just wondering if anybody has been experiencing some new technical problems with the classroom in the last few days. I don’t mean features missing from old iterations but actual bugs and glitches.

Recently, the audio has been cutting out towards the end of a lesson; text has been disappearing without any reason from the whiteboard for both me and my student(s); text will disappear off their whiteboard but then be visible to me and vice versa; and in some cases, even though we are both in the classroom and can see the whiteboards, we will be unable to see or hear each other until I leave the lesson and then manually re-join. There also seems to be an issue with documents and images loading on my end but not loading on the student’s end. Quite often, I enter the classroom early to upload all of my documents, only to discover that this was a waste of time because they have not uploaded to the student’s boards (except the first board - that always seems to load). The student will be greeted by my first document while the other boards are all blank. If I then reupload the documents they appear for the student without any issues.

4 Likes

I’ve had a lot of these issues! Tutorful’s classroom has been so buggy today I phoned and complained. Luckily the woman was very understanding and lovely, but it absolutely drove me mad! Only managed to do about 20 minutes work in both lessons! I love this platform, but if Mark says he wants it to be the best, it needs improvement. Happy to be patient to a certain extent, as I know it’s a work in progress, but when it’s hugely affecting my lessons, it’s very annoying.

4 Likes

I have to agree with there being glitches and problems with the classrooms, I do however have another platform on hand so that if I need to, I can move over so that my schedule runs as efficiently as possible as I have to agree with you @katywilson6, it can quite quickly affect your delivery time if left untreated and is something that your nor the student could forsee or improve, etc. Let’s hope we see some improvements as time progresses. I do believe that capacity can be breached at certain times of day when more tutoring traffic would be present (for instance between 5pm and 7pm)?
Anyone else notice these timing see more problems?

3 Likes

Hi all,

I hope you’re well. Sorry to hear you have been experiencing these glitches when using the online classroom!

We do try our best to iron out any issues our tutors and students may be experiencing. If you do have any problems in an online session, please detail this in the feedback form at the end of the lesson. This gets sent directly to our Product and Development team who will look to resolve any drawbacks highlighted.

Also, whenever you experience any issues with our online classroom on Mondays-Fridays between 9 am-7 pm, please get in touch on 0114 383 0989 as we would be more than happy to resolve any issue you may be experiencing whilst they are happening or set you up with a link to join our alternative online classroom!

2 Likes

Hi Lewis

I have had all of these issues and more but I put it down to the amount of users on line and pure patience I always log the glitches at the end of my lessons.I noticed that one thing you mentioned about the text if you are both writing it’s normally the room can’t pick up who is doing what. So I tell my student to let me do the writing first and then she/he can and normally seems to sort it’s self out.

Maybe mention to the team and they can look into this.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I had a free chat with a new client today around lunchtime and I could hear an echo and it was very distracting.

1 Like

This may be feedback on their end (you’re hearing what’s coming from their speakers, ie your voice) rather than a bug. If that’s the case then asking them to use headphones or muting their mic when they’re not talking should help with it.

1 Like

I have decided that I truly loathe this new classroom! So many bugs and interrupted lessons. It has so much potential and I like a lot about it, but I can’t keep working on it when it has so many issues.

3 Likes

The good thing is the Tutorful staff are so genuinely lovely and sympathetic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve had some of these issues too - but only recently??? I submitted some feedback on them …

1 Like

I completely agree, Katie. It’s making it very difficult to teach this week. I wish they’d just stuck with Learncube. That classroom was so good in comparison to this one.

3 Likes

Hi Rosie, it’s good to know I am not the only one having problems recently! I started noticing little bugs about two weeks ago, but last week they became more prominent, and now they’re rendering the classroom borderline unusable!

2 Likes

I too have had problems over the last week or so. It’s a little difficult to describe what’s happening because it’s so erratic (things will move around, disappear and maybe reappear, etc). I think the most sense I can make of it is that it seems to be undoing and then repeating things I have done on the board. In one instance a drawing and text disappeared and then it reappeared and I could see it being typed in. It also seems to have something to do with the screen moving around because it will scroll itself and move things around based upon it.

3 Likes

@Dylan and @Lewis. Unfortunately, I’ve just had a lesson where it was almost impossible to teach - especially towards the end. I’m having exactly the same issues:

1. audio and video cutting out
  2. things I write on the whiteboard not showing properly
  3. things I draw being ‘undone’
  4. the connection bar for me and the student going wild - flashing from one colour to the other even though our internet is fine (e.g. my fiance was streaming video in another room and said it was fine).

Unfortunately, these are all the same issues I had with learncube. This new classroom has been working pretty much perfectly - until this week :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Just spoken to @Luke_Tutorful - very helpful as always! Just in case you are tutor/ parent/ student reading this and having the same issues, Tutorful are aware of the issues and are working really hard to fix them.

Hopefully the classroom will be back to its former glory soon :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Hi All,

We have received similar comments in the feedback forms from a few lessons last night, so please continue using this feature! As I said in the previous comment, these get sent to our Product and Development team which helps us locate an issue and resolve it much quicker.

As @Rosie_A says, we are working very hard to fix any potential problems swiftly!

Also, if you have had an interrupted lesson, please contact our support team and we can take a look to see what was the cause of the classroom glitches.

4 Likes

This is to do with how loud the volume is on their side I have this issue a lot and if they turn a down a bit there will be no feed back.

2 Likes

I will try these things next time I use the classroom.

1 Like

I’ve had this happening to me since Monday too…

I have similar issues - things disappearing/reappearing on the white board, documents not loading to the students whiteboard but uploading to mine etc as described by others above.

I also had a bizarre thing last night. The students ‘icon’ (to show they were in class -small circle, next to small circle with my profile picture on it, under the camera screens) was bouncing up and down like a crazy thing. No idea why but was a bit distracting!!

1 Like