Advice on Buying Textbooks

Hi!

Does anyone have any advice around purchasing textbooks? I want to have all the relevant textbooks for each subject and exam board I teach but A Level textbooks can be nearing £50 each and even second hand ones on Ebay are ~£30. Is there a site where I can get them for cheaper or does anyone have any advice regarding similar or alternative resources so I don’t have to spend loads of money on textbooks?

I would really appreciate any advice on this!

Thank you!

All The Best,
Mike :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me Amazon has worked well.
I don’t recall paying anywhere near £30 for any text book - maybe because my experience is limited to maths and sciences.

1 Like

Yes, me too. I have maths and physics books from Amazon. Usually £10~£15 from memory.

You can often find the pdfs of certain books online for free or a lot cheaper in online libraries if you don’t need the paper copies

1 Like

Hi Mike,

What do you teach? I agree with the others regarding Amazon and Ebay for mathematics textbooks, but some humanities subjects can be up to £50.

Hi Guys,
Thanks so much for your replies! :blush:
I actually teach sciences as well. I’ve added some links to the examples I’m talking about - the OCR and AQA A Level textbooks being the most expensive and others not much cheaper. Maybe maths textbooks are cheaper but if you have any links/examples on Amazon for A Level bio and GCSE Bio and Chem textbooks, that would be much appreciated as I can’t seem to find any! :frowning:
I’ll also try to find some links for online versions but again, if you have any examples to help point me in the right direction, that would be very helpful!

Thanks again :blush:

1 Like