Home Members About

Welcome to Tutorful's Community Forum

Our Community Forum is the perfect place for tutors, parents, students or anyone with an interest in tuition.

Ask questions, share advice and keep up to date with the latest Tutorful updates - all whilst having fun and connecting with new people.

Achievements - Tutoring to the rescue!

Hi, I noticed an old thread from 13 Feb. Yes the greatness of us Tutors when the sometimes conveyor belt of mainstream education hasn’t worked for a learner. A past learner had lost his way in mainstream education and from what I had gathered the teachers had given up on him which was a shame, everyone has something to offer it’s a case of developing their full potential. He left school with a grade 2 in Maths and had to retake it at college, which didn’t work out for him and he left after 4 months. He said there was no individual help. He did take in the subject areas but slowly, his confidence had gone. So, the challenge was there. I boosted his confidence through identifying the positives and steady advancement of learning reiterating each his progress constantly. After 10 months and steady progress he sat his exam and …
got a grade 5 ! ! Absolutely amazing. I was aiming for an easy 4 but did that well that he got a 5. This has given him a better future through tutoring. Nigel

3 Likes

That’s amazing and states why we are an important aspect of the educational system. YOU are obviously a mega tutor because you understood what your student needed. It is about digging and finding the previous negative and overcoming it Well done YOU.

1 Like

Thanks Manda, cheered me up massively : )
Nige

Great I cheered you up but have self confidence YOU and no one else helped him you went the hard yards before lessons and during. MEGA RESPECT

Yes absolutely Manda ! Keeping confidence high is important, it can sometimes wane working alone and with some parts of society round here not too friendly.
That’s why this community group is great !

3 Likes