A change in our Classroom format

We wanted to inform you that there is a change in our Tutorful Classroom format.

What?
First of all, we’d like to thank the tutors again who took the time to fill in the survey we sent last week, it was extremely useful to hear your thoughts and reasonings behind the designs we provided.

We have now moved all your classroom tools from the left of the whiteboard space to horizontally on top, creating more whiteboard space and giving us more room to introduce even more tools in the future!

Screenshot 2022-02-10 at 18.16.51

Why?
Here’s some tutors who said it best when giving us feedback in the survey:

“The tools seem better placed at the top where they don’t get in the way of lesson documents.”
“I am unable to access the grid option at the bottom as it is out of sight with no scroll option. Across the top would solve this.”
“I prefer the sightline for the screen that this offers and seems more spacious.”
“A more familiar toolbar orientation.”

As mentioned, having the toolbar on the top provides more whiteboard space, as well as having it out of the way of the boards preview function and giving a neater feel to the Classroom.

You can take a look before your lessons here. This is the first change to reformatting the Classroom and we are excited to keep improving the space you use day in and day out.

Let us know what you think!

Best wishes,
Sam.

4 Likes

Me again!

We wanted to inform you that there is another change in our Tutorful Classroom format.

What?
We now have created a dedicated sidebar with your video and chats, instead of it hovering over the whiteboard and stacked the videos so you can see yourself and the other person.

Why?
Here’s some tutors who said it best when giving us feedback in the survey:

• “It’s always helpful to see both parties on video, at least to remind yourself that you’re on camera…”
  • “I hate it when my video gets in the way of seeing the students’ - because if they are showing their artwork to me I cannot see it (unless i use fullscreen, but then i can’t see the whiteboard)”
  • “Having the tutor pic bigger would be better as sometimes I might be demonstrating or holding something up and so it’s good for me to be able to see the same as what the student can see”
  • “Having a slimmer video and chat section is better because you can see more of the whiteboard at the same time.”
  • “I teach some kids who are quite small. Very often the picture of them is mostly covered by my own video - it would be much better to have the two camera images not overlapping”

Changing the video and chat format allows us to have a bigger whiteboard space, with this and the toolbar changes, we have now created a 13% increase in whiteboard space for your lessons. When the video was hovering on the whiteboard, we were having some problems where the content was getting lost behind the video, this created awkwardness and disturbance of the class as the tutor and student were trying to rearrange the content so it was seen. This has now been solved with this rearrangement.

You can take a look before your lessons here .

Let us know what you think!

Best wishes,
Sam.

1 Like